Registrations open for new Emergency Planning Seminar dates
Fire Protection Association Australia (FPA Australia) is pleased to announce a new national Emergency Planning Seminar series, commencing in March 2019.
Emergency management planning is a critical component for achieving life safety outcomes.
The discovery of widespread combustible cladding use Australia has put new emphasis on emergency management planning, and is driving demand for plans to reflect this new risk and ensure compliance with state and territory requirements.
This full-day seminar will provide an overview of the changes made in Amendment 2 of AS 3745-2010, the Australian Standard covering emergency planning, as well as addressing emergency planning and procedures, committee roles and responsibilities, training and exercises, and maintenance.
The seminar series will be presented by three industry experts:
- Rhondel Johannessen, FPA Australia’s representative on Standards Australia Committee FP-017 Emergency Management Planning for over 10 years;
- Jeff Marriott, member of FPA Australia’s Technical Advisory Committee for Emergency Planning (TAC 17) with over 16 years of dedicated experience specialising as an emergency planning consultant; and
- Dr Jonathan Barnett, fire safety expert and managing director of Basic Expert.
This seminar will include:
- An overview of AS 3745-2010 Amendment 2;
- Why use AS 3745 in your planning if it’s not a requirement?
- How do you address combustible cladding risks in emergency management plans?
- The importance of developing emergency plans and emergency/evacuation procedures;
- A workshop case study to improve comprehension of the plans and procedure methods based on a building with combustible cladding.
This will be a full-day seminar and will run from 8:15am-4:30pm, including a light lunch.
Registration discounts for FPA Australia members apply.
The seminar series will run across the following locations, venues and dates.
|SA||6 March||The Precinct Conference Centre, Thebarton|
|VIC||20 March||Manningham Function Centre, Doncaster|
|QLD||26 March||Calamvale Hotel, Calamvale|
|NSW||27 March||Save Canada Bay Club, Five Dock|
|ACT||2 April||East Hotel, Kingston|
|WA||5 April||Technology Park, Bentley|
Tasmania and the Northern Territory will be coordinated based on demand.
Head over to the FPA Facebook page for all information, and to register.