Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
Workplace Emergency Management offers training in safe manual handling, which is essential for workplaces that require manual tasks to be carried out so as to avoid injury to any personnel, whether they are the ones performing the manual labour or not.
This course covers the competency required to follow legally compliant workplace procedures to prepare for and safely complete manual handling tasks in the workplace.
Successfully completing this nationally recognised training will result in a Statement of Attainment being awarded for:
- HLTWHS005 Conduct Manual Tasks Safely
Course Duration: 4 hours face-to-face training and assessment and workplace practical tasks
Course Fees: Please contact us for a quote
Attendees need to be physically able to conduct manual tasks safely to fulfil assessment requirements. Our trainers monitor all physical activity closely to ensure injury does not occur, and will stop an attendee if they are deemed not physically able to perform the tasks.
ASSESSMENT – THEORY – Question paper
You will be assessed on:
- Key information from work health and safety (WHS) regulations relating to manual tasks and national code of practice
- Role and responsibilities of the employer and employees in relation to manual handling safety
- Ways in which individual workers are involved in consultation about workplace health and safety
- Reporting mechanisms required for workplace injury and compensation claims
- Key aspects of the risk management approach to manual tasks
- Risk factors and potential sources of risks of hazards manual tasks
- Types of manual task activity and the types of injuries that can result
- The relationship between the human body and risk of injury from performing manual tasks
- Functions of the human body relating to the spine, posture and muscles
- Manual handling techniques that support safe work practices