Workplace Health and Safety
Workplace Emergency Management assists you in fulfilling your obligations regarding the WHS Act and Regulations, ensuring that all occupants and workers are not exposed to any risks relating to health and safety that arise from your business or undertaking. This makes your facility a pleasant place to work and protects your employees from dangerous situations that can affect their health.
Ask yourself these questions about your facility and see whether you need Workplace Emergency Management to help you comply with the WHS Act:
- Is the air in your workplace stuffy, smelly and/or lacking sufficient ventilation?
- Is the temperature of your working area too hot or cold?
- Is there a sufficient level of light to work safely and efficiently?
- Is your work area cluttered and/or is movement between areas of your facility unsafe, difficult or inefficient?
- Are there enough toilet, washing and eating facilities for the number of staff/occupants?
- Is there ready access to sufficient quantities of drinking water?
- Is your work area in a remote or isolated location?
- Are you prepared for an Emergency in your workplace?
- Do you have an Emergency Plan for your facility and workplace?
- Is there a first-aid trained person or persons at your facility?
- Are there enough first-aid kits, AEDs (Automated External Defibrillators) and other resources for the number of staff/occupants?
These aspects of a workplace are just as important in regards to Workplace Health and Safety as PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), Safe Work Practices, Safe Manual Handling, Safe and Correct Use of Plant and Equipment and other more obvious policies and procedures, so they need to be addressed and rectified urgently if they are present in your facility.
Workplace Emergency Management will come to your workplace/facility and assess the overall level of Workplace Health and Safety by developing a detailed report on the current condition of your WHS, identifying areas in which improvements can be made and offering suggestions on actions, policies and procedures to implement these changes in relation to your obligations and requirements under the WHS Act and Australian Standards.
Aspects of Workplace Health and Safety covered during our thorough assessment include but are not limited to:
- Air quality and temperature
- Lighting levels required in each work area
- Clear entry and egress to facility as a whole, and individual work areas
- General housekeeping and unobstructed access ways
- Layout of work areas to reduce possibility of injury
- Condition and suitability of floor surfaces
- Access to and quantity of toilet, hand washing and shower facilities
- Provision of drinking water and dining facilities
- Provision of personal storage and change rooms
- Policies and procedures to guide outdoor, remote and isolated work areas
- Emergency Plans
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Fire Evacuation Diagrams
- First Aid personnel and equipment
- Emergency Training
- General Life Safety
- Manual Handling
- Emergency and general awareness signage
- Slips, trips and falls
- Incident reporting, documenting and procedures
- WHS Committees
- Site induction training
- Sign-in/out register
- Complaints handling re: WHS
- Hazardous material
- Correctly qualified and licenced for plant and equipment
- Testing and tagging of electrical equipment
- Specific safety equipment levels and expiry date
- Electrical safety
- High risk
- Equipment maintenance and servicing
Workplace Emergency Management makes it simple for you to become compliant with Australian Standards and the WHS Act – we develop and implement the procedures, plans, programs, training and systems to get your facility up-to-date and safe for all employees.
Call our friendly team
Workplace Emergency Management is based in Sydney, however, we service all of Australia so contact us today to improve your emergency management procedures and resources, and prepare your people to confidently handle any emergency situation.
Call us on 1300 831 694 to discuss your needs with one of our consultants today or use the quick contact form to request a quote.